Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm Famous!

I found out last night that I'm read from coast to coast! From the sunny beaches of Florida to the sunny beaches of California. One comment was that my writing style seemed to be that of a 1930's radio show. I think this was meant as a compliment, or at least it wasn't derogatory. I'm not sure, I wasn't around in the 1930s. I'll just have to take Alaska's word on that. :)

I saw one of those Support Our Troops ribbons at the O'Club and wanted one for my place. I tried asking around about where they got it, but no one knew, so I just made my own. I'm very pleased with how it came out, it's much better than their store-bought one. I put it out next to my front door and made it so that anyone wandering by could take a copy of it if they wanted.

I heard of a shop having a treasure hunt so I went by to see what I could find. There was a nice men's shirt hidden out back behind some trees, but before I could search much more an old friend stopped by. We hadn't seen each other for a while and started chatting. I received a notice that a Friendly Fire show was about to start, so I matter-of-factly asked my friend if she wanted to go listen to some music, knowing she would likely drool over them. She agreed, and I headed over but she had to go change clothes and mess with her hair and do girly stuff first.

When I got there Case called out "Sir Tycho" and I knew I was in trouble; he must have found this blog. Mack chimed in about hiding the candy apples claiming it was all an innocent misunderstanding. My friend eventually showed up about the time Alaska calls to see what I'm up to. I was very busy juggling conversations for a while, but once the show started things settled down and we did some serious bogeying.

DJ Daddie, DJ John and Brooke showed up. The place was filled and really rocking. As expected my friend loved it, especially the signature song that Friendly Fire always close their shows with. After the show we hung around to chat a bit. Brooke chided Mack about hiding the candy apples from me and Mack denied everything.

I invited my friend to go to Belfast with me. I wanted her to see the Rotterdam bar and hopefully meet Alaska, who often works and hangs out there. The place was deserted, though. Alaska must have been off in one of those Blues dives she likes so much. We hung out on the bridge for a while chatting then headed off.

Tuesday night I went to the party at TNW. The theme was Bling. I was worried that there would be so much bling that I might be blinded, but it wasn't bad at all. I wore a flashy watch and ring, and also had on the POW/MIA bracelet that I had picked up earlier in the day. I wasn't too blingy at all, but I guess it was enough because I won their contest again! Joce wasn't around to dispute it this time. Steverino wasn't there either; he's usually a lock to win these things. It's nice winning, but I hope he's OK. I don't want to just win by default, I'd rather earn it by going up against a master.

A dear friend has been going through a very hard time lately. I made a small gift for her, a t-shirt, and gave it to her yesterday. In chatting about it I was able to get that magical, four-letter word out of her: rofl. It was bothering me that I couldn't do much to help her; making her laugh made me feel better. Life is worth it.

No comments: