Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Where did all the D.E.A.D. go?

Megan came by for a visit today, we had some cherry cheese cake and talked about wine and Isobela promised to make some steak for me later. Isobela also showed me this new builder's platform that she had found, it'll be very good for building in a sandbox. We've been talking about redesigning the house so it will come in handy.

Friendly Fire played at the Beach Bum today, and Promising Promise resumed her officer duties with great fanfare! I always have such a fun time at their shows, which are very educational as well. Synapse was there and taught us about the D.E.A.D. - Determined Environmentalists Against Dioxides. This is a group of people that never breath out; thus, they don't release dioxides. According to Syn there are not many of that group around anymore.

Isobela and I had to leave the show before the glamtastic finale because DJ Isobela was playing Blues at the Savoy. I was filling in for Kimala as host; she'll be back next week but there are a couple more dates in the near future that I've agreed to fill in for her as well. Hosting for an award-winning DJ is a blast!

Things started off slow but soon hit their stride. The featured album was the Billy Gibson Band, as Fantabulous as all of DJ Isobela's albums are. She also played many requests from the crowd, including Jambalaya by Rockin’ Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters for me! I so look forward to Tuesdays; they used to be great, then they slacked off for a while and now they are back to being great again. DJ Isobela Rocks the Blues!

No comments: