Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Gussie!

Isobela was practicing DJing again at the Glamshack this morning. Hy and I offered advice, and RJ passed by to give an unbiased opinion. Isobela was especially good chatting with the people that happened to wander by. I had brought my new saxophone along and played along with some of the jazzier tunes.


Later I built a draft Lookout Tower for the new property. I tore it down right after building it. It was OK, but not good. I need to learn some new construction methods for a real good, sturdy building; fortunately I have seen lots of training for this being offered recently. Now I only need the chance to take advantage of it!

Sunday night means that Friendly Fire will be playing some high-energy rock and roll at the Metaverse's Premier Rock and Roll Club, Nightclub Echo Echo - Where the Who's Who gather. Not as many as usual gathered, though; there were horrendous traffic problems that must have kept many people away. We also had to evacuate the club twice for some strange reason; the first time during I Love This Song! It was a catastrophe!

We all survived, though; and as with certain other activities there's no such thing as a bad Friendly Fire concert. After the second evacuation Mack was a little late in getting back, so I hopped up on stage with Case and played along with my trusty saxophone!


Sunday Night Mayhem and Madness with DJ Jocelyn and The Tracy was a blast as usual. Tonight was a Pajama Party Theme. Mack and Case wore some Miami Dolphin jammies that Isobela bought for them for both shows; I had started out in regular clothes and then changed into my New Orleans Saints jammies. Tracy, of course, changed jammies about 12 times during the night. I did twice, and Iso three times.

DJ Jocelyn did a good job with song selection for a Pajama-themed show; quite a difficult thing to do. I agree with Case, it was "great nightime trippy music". DJ Jocelyn made a surprise announcement during the show; next week both Friendly Fire and Sunday Night Mayhem and Madness will be on Journey Island! It sounds like it will be a permanent-type thing. I'm looking forward to it; the opening of Journey Island was way cool and I've been back a few times, always enjoying myself.

After DJ Jocelyn finished there was a party going on Journey Island for Gussie's birthday! I couldn't make it, though; it was way too late for me. The harsh realities of the tyrannies of time zones strike again. So Happy Birthday Gussie! I'm sure you had a great time; and many, many more!

2 comments:

The Fantablous Colette said...

Are you sure Tracey only changed 12 times??

Tycho Beresford said...

As far as Tracy goes, who can be sure about anything???