Monday, May 19, 2008

Joce Spun Gold!

This morning I went to Fibber's to listen to Portuguese guitarist/songwriter/singer Pa. He played a decent mix of mix of his own acoustic stuff as well as love songs from a couple of Brazilian composers and some others. There was only a handful of the old Fibber's crowd there, but that was likely because of the time of day.

I spent the rest of the day doing chores around Tidings. I'm thinking of renaming Tester Island but need to make a sign for it. When I saw Isobela in the afternoon she asked about moving the Tester and docking it on our main island; I guess it was destined that Tester Island get renamed.

Isobela found out that we have a ladybug infestation. When I first told her we had bugs she got real worried, but when she found out they were ladybugs she thought they were cute. That is good, because there is one that really like to perch on her beach chair near the house.

Case has been busy working on the new Glamshack. I must say that I admire his building technique; it would have never occurred to me to do that with my arm. Now I'll have to go find a set of overalls and try this myself at home.


Hy stopped by later as I was admiring the work Case had done on the Glamshack. He invited me to check out his place and to help work on his elevator. On the way over I saw that he has two giraffe's roaming around. They are very cool, but I'll have to be careful my tarn doesn't eat them!

While I was off with Hy Isobela had built a patio for us. It faces west so we can sit there and drink our drinks and watch the sunset. She made a cool circular couch for it too, and a large fire pit to keep the chill off in the evenings. I threw a chair out on the other side of the house to watch the sunrise from, too.

It wasn't too long before it was time to head to the Escape Club for Case's 5pm opening wail. Journey Rock Band Island is a cool place, and I've been there many times, but just today learned there was a short-cut from the place you arrive that takes you right into the Escape Club! All this time I've been hoofing it the long way around!

I had missed Mack and Case singing yesterday, so I was overdue for my Friendly Fire fix. I was not disappointed; when they got up on stage and got ready to play the place came alive. The Escape Club seems to make everyone sound better; Mack and Case, the silken-voiced one, and even me as I sing along. Plus of course I Love This Song!

DJ Jocelyn took the stage after Friendly Fire had gotten the crowd all hot and bothered. The Tracy was hostessing for her and helped keep things jumping with her sharp wit and near-constant costume changes. She eventually changed into some nice red dancing silks; they looked like some from Beautiful Sin. Farr was dancing with these four fine babes; I gotta learn his secret!

Ajay had some political advocacy going on, advertising "Cthulhu in '08!" I totally support this candidate. One of my favorite quote about him is "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagn'nagl fhtagn." Translation: In his house in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. If more politicians were this way the world would be a much better place.

The show notice that The Tracy put out said that Sunday Night Mayhem and Madness that night had no theme, but I was able to figure it out: Fantastic Music! Friendly Fire packed them in and DJ Joce wowed them, what a fantabulous night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The funny this is, I woke up this morning and my shoulder was really sore, but I just figured it was Ajay's chim. I didn't actually ride it over the weekend, but old habits die hard. I should have paid more attention to Iso when she warned me about lifting all that concrete. When I resume building, I will either see if I can have some adamantium laced to my avatar skeleton for more stability, or I will just have Mack do the heavy lifting.

I also think I could get behind a Cthulhu 08 candidacy. If for some reason I don't have the superdelegates needed to secure my nomination for PoSL, I will throw my support to the C-man. He's obviously already made solid progress among the head-spinning, floor waxing coalition.

Ajay said...

Cthulhu in '08! Elect a REAL monster!!

Shoot, we've had practice.

*sigh*