Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Return of the Tatrix

I built an real, authentic Pirogue today. It was alot easier than I thought it would be; the hardest part was putting in the seat. I took it down to Impact Area Beach and cruised around the lagoon some. I also spent some time learning a new building method; I made a one-piece Martini glass that turned out pretty good for a first try. I have a couple of other projects lined up using these methods, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day.

The Tatrix of Korat had been taken prisoner, so we mounted a rescue mission to the Voltai Range. The place she was being held was a huge thing with double walls around it. We made out way in-between the walls and captured their ambassador, and was able to trade him for our Tatrix.

Isobela's cousin Kev was there, on the other side. He must be the black sheep of the family because he was openly using weapons that were proscribed by the Priest Kings. We beseeched the powers that be on this, but to no avail. In any case, with 1st Sword Greg, Canadar and many of our brethren from Fina we were able to secure her release.


I went out shopping and wandering later. I found a cool new Harley Jacket and these cute lace boots for Isobela. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach; for Isobela I think it may be through her feet. I also found a new divan that will go well with the new house.

Tuesday night means Friendly Fire was playing at the Beach Bum, and they played I Love This Song TWICE! I showed up a little late, when Case saw me he told Mack "OK, we can play that song now!" Jenda showed up a little later; she had had a bad day so Mack and Case sang I Love This Song again and made it all better. Friendly Fire Rocks!

Later it was DJ Shayl and Hostess Isobela at Club RaGe. There was a Costume party with a Heroes and Villains theme. I went as Darth Vader. There were many comments on my light saber and how happy I seemed to be to see people! Isobela went as Queen Amidala. When we arrived the Sploder had a buncha money left on it from some earlier show; Kat and I split it.

There was a contest at the top of the hour. Using a special flight assist doohickeymajob that Isobela gave out to contestants, we were to fly to the top of the Empire State building, take our picture, go back to the club and turn the picture in to Isobela. Well, I'm a rather good flier, so this was right up my alley. I still had my Darth Vader helmet and cape on, but had exchanged the rest of the costume for a black catsuit. That made me very aerodynamic!

I went to the top of the antenna on top of the building, then decided to go back down to the top of the building, slipped off the edge and had to go back, finally took a picture and still made it back first! I was back in record time and won the cash prize! Woot! Another long, exhausting, glorious day in the Metaverse!

No comments: