Friday, February 22, 2008

Gina in the Gallery

After work I made it to the Experience Italy gallery to catch the last half of Gina's presentation of her new work. Totally amazing group shots of people; she said it took about an hours to get them all positioned just right. I would have loved to be a part of it!

There were a bunch of other news professionals around interviewing her. I was able to get a question in here and there and she gave very courteous, intelligent answers. There was also a tree-person in attendance. I had heard rumors of them, but had never actually seen one myself. Cool, but all the falling leaves sure made a mess.

After a bit I left and stopped by her studio to see if there's a group to join or other ways to get announcements ahead of time so that I could participate in any future shoots. She has some nice art on the walls, including one amazing three-picture set that I would love to have. It was priced well, but I just don't have any more walls to hang pictures on in my tropical paradise - it's all windows with a few doors.

While I was there she came back to her office. We chatted for a while and she invited me to join her group. She doesn't have any immediate plans for another shoot, but said inspiration could strike at any moment. She also gave me directions to a few other galleries that are showing her work, this is high on my to-do list.

Later on Friendly Fire played in the glittering, swirling dome of Club Casa Blanco. Their usual fantastic selves amplified by the usual eclectic atmosphere of Casa Blanco makes for a great time. Case made up an off-the cuff song dedicated to Sofia and MiaSnow! Mack is getting better but continues to have trouble with her poofer; she triple-triggers it still sometimes. I'm thinking of researching remedial education resources for her.

In the evening Iso and I went to the Experience Italy gallery to view Gina's work, and to her studio to see her other work there. She is simply amazing. It was cool bringing Iso to these places and experiencing her fresh perspective on the works that I had already seen. By then it was very late, so we didn't have a chance to see her work in any of the other galleries. Something to look forward to for another day. Another wonderful day.

2 comments:

The Fantablous Colette said...

Tycho, your choice in art work is more then just exceptional! You have a great sense of composition and style. Gallery hopping with you is always, well, interesting. Listening to your take on the works, is so entertaining, i.e. "That's Creepy" (the eye), and "Ohhhh Boobs!". As always experiencing life with you in the metaverse is never dull or boring, but a thrill ride that has no equal!!

Tycho Beresford said...

I am inspired :)