Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shakin' it with Shayla!

I did some building experiments today; I had come across some giant metal tubes and spent some time trying to figure out what I could do with them. The largest were fully 34 feet in diameter. I knocked together some flooring to make two interior levels in it. I'm figuring I can fill in the void below the lower deck with Helium and make the whole thing float way up in the sky. If it leaks out it'll be dangerous, though. I'll need to make up some warning signs; "If you start talking funny, grab a parachute!"

Mack and Case are still having their transportation issues, so today's Rock and Roll Listening Party was cancelled. DJ Bill and Ajay stepped in, played some tunes and kept the place rocking.

Glam DJ Shayla and Glam Hostess Isobela were at the Glamshack later, so of course I was too. We were competing with DJ Hy at Echo Echo for an audience, but we had the better eye-candy. The girls were cute, too. (Just kidding ladies!)

DJ Shayla is a very good DJ. I think I had heard her before at the DJ Hangout, but this was the first time in a club setting and she did an excellent job. Good business sense, too; when I had asked for an obscure Bow Wow Wow title that she didn't have on hand she said that she would get it if I came to their show the following week! I plan to.


I had a very nice text message waiting for me when I got home today. I should have replied to it, or at least thanked the person who sent it when I saw them. I can be such a bonehead sometimes. Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed.

No comments: