Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We missed it!

"Munro Day is a holiday celebrated each year on the first Friday in February by Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in honour of the financial contributions made to the school by George Munro. All classes at the university are officially cancelled on Munro Day.

It is common for students of Dalhousie to take the day off and enjoy some of the finer things in life to honour the memory of George Munro. Drinking is among the most popular of the day's activities. Toasting George Munro and thanking him for the day off is very common, and it is tradition to always praise him when his name is mentioned."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro_Day

This is awful! I guess we'll just have to party twice as hard next year. I've set a reminder on my calendar at work, now the trick will be to remain employed until then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Boy, we didn't miss it by a little bit either. Well, if you're gonna do something, go all out, that's what I say. Next year will be different! I am marking my calendar, 2/6/09!