Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jocelyn on Journey Island

This afternoon DJ Jocelyn was playing at Journey Island! She wasn't playing strictly Journey songs of course, just the same old fantastic Rock that we're used to with her. She would play a three-song set and have the audience guess a theme she had made up based on those three songs. The way she works a crowd is awesome; greeting newcomers, calling everyone out by name every once in a while; the general chit-chat and the group participation things like this theme contest guarantee a fun time at all of her shows.

Virtuoso Journey fans like Rosie won most of the contests and were able to choose a Journey song as their prize! I won the last one, though; and let Jocelyn pick the song. She picked Stone in Love! After I had told Joce to go ahead and pick JrnyVal had shouted out some suggestions to me. That made me feel a little bad; if I had asked JrnyVal to pick a Journey song to play it would likely have been a big deal for her. But Joce seemed happy to be a able to pick a song, too.

They've made a few changes to the Escape club; there is a second grand piano but most of all they added a special male dance enhancer! It's a real draw; there were more guys than girls there which is unusual in a place like that. It was so popular many of the girls were using it too! I still think they should add a couple of couches or chairs along the back wall, though. Sometimes these old bones get tired and need a break.

After the DJ Jocelyn / Journey Rock Island extravaganza I went home and worked on my bar stools some more. I thought I had them done but a problem has cropped up; they don't swivel like they should. I was sure that I had that working! I'll need to tear one down and see what needs to be fixed.

Later I went to Isobela's place to watch her do some more masonry work on her house. She is so incredibly multi-talented. I took my bar stools over to work on too, and we had a nice time working and chatting together. I think I have my problem fixed, just need a little more testing.

After saying our goodbyes I headed home, arriving just in time to see a bright flash in the sky. I tuned to the news and We Got It In One! "At approximately 10:26 p.m. EST, Feb. 20, a U.S. Navy AEGIS warship, USS Lake Erie (CG-70), fired a single modified tactical Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) hitting the satellite approximately 133 nautical miles over the Pacific Ocean as it traveled in space at more than 17,000 mph." Hmmm, another space story. That makes two this week. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

3 comments:

Allenfire99 said...

A day late and a scoop of ice cream short.. I almost missed the DJ Jocelyn Journey Island my three songs show.

I had to work late and by the time I got there and heard a song or two my real life requested the fixings for ice cream Sundays, who was I to say no..

I got back just in time to miss one of my favorite songs Triumph Magic Power that DJ Jocelyn remembered from some time ago that. She knows all to well "The music does the talkin' says the things you want to hear"...

On a side note I had another request when I went to the story for ice cream from our favorite blogger Tycho Beresford. Tycho I didn't forget you I got your brew and left you a cooler by the juke box. I hope the cleaning lady didn't throw it out or worse yet drink it ALL.....

See yaa in the club your favorite goof ball Allenfire99.

See Yaa...

Tycho Beresford said...

Thanks for the beer, Allen. I picked it up after Joce's fantabulous show!

The Fantablous Colette said...

Beer by the cooler, --That would explain the stool/chair difficulties last night.....