Friday, December 14, 2007

Fire at Fibber's!

I was able to make the first ten minutes of Friendly Fire's show at Fibber's before going off to listen to my daughter torture cats, ah, I mean, play clarinet at the school Christmas Concert. Hey, gimme a break, they sound very much the same!

Before the show started we had a quick meeting of the We Lobe Ajay Fan Club. Tonight's topic was about what a good hostess she is. I think she just made tenth-degree black-belt in it, I'll have to check with the Registrar. If so she would be only the second person to do so!

It was so good to see Mack and Case at Fibber's, my favorite band at my favorite dive. It made my day. Even though I was only able to hear two and a half songs before I left I can still say I was there...
I was able to make it back for the last 20 minutes or so of Friendly Fire's weekly show at Club Casa Blanco. Willa, Moard, curm, Padula, Ivy, Miko, Dee, Lela, Kim, Allison, Kiely, Kraven, Shania, DJ John, DJ Tkid - all precious snowflakes per Case. Case also passed on an important Holiday safety tip: Don't get in a catfight with stage right.

The night's holiday musical selection was a beautiful rendition of Silent Night, followed by their usual closer. During the after-gig chat Padula taught many of us how to talk like Donald Duck. That was cool. There were technical difficulties with the Friendly Fire Christmas tree; since I was late I didn't get all the details. They hope to have it next week's Glamtastic show at Club Casa Blanco.

2 comments:

Ajay said...

It's too early in the morning to blush this much, LOL. Thanks, Tycho :)

It's good to see you survived your daughter's concert. I am blessed in that my offspring haven't yet displayed much musical interest beyond the piano.

And in my house, the cats simply torture each other. Hee.

Tycho Beresford said...

Oops, that was supposed to be a Secret Society...