Friday, January 4, 2008

The Three Tychos

I finally got some time back onboard my schooner. We went for a very relaxing cruise around the islands, then moored off of Betty Paige Beach. I worked some more on the diving platform for the top of the mast, things are coming along well.

Later I went and visited the Benazir Bhutto Memorial. I had seen her father once, many moons ago, in downtown Seoul. She was a very brave lady.


Freindly Fire played their usual rowdy weekly gig at Club Casa Blanco. The topic of most conversation was that someone else named Tycho had shown up there, and shortly after that a third. Those lucky people were blessed to have three Tychos there! Case invited us up onto stage for the last part of the show.


While up there I noticed that Mack had on mis-matched shoes; the stripes on one were vertical while on the other were horizontal. I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about that. Was it intentional? Did she even notice? Since the audience couldn't usually see their feet while they were on stage did it matter what they wore on their feet? Could this be an idea for a theme night at a club somewhere - most mismatched shoes?


Mack had also apparently brought home a kitten, and like all new kittens it needs a name. Case came up with the idea of a cat-naming contest for the Friendly Fire Friends; submit your ideas a notecard to Case and the winner will be announced at next weeks show and win a cash prize! (Note: do not suggest Cookie or Socks.)

After the show Isobela and I headed to one of the places that she wanted to visit the night before, Club Galaxy. Isobela's neighbor was there, too. My first impression of the place was a little misleading; after we had been there for a couple of songs I really started to like it. I'll need to be careful there; it's a place that could eat up your money fast but boy could you have a blast in the meantime!

No comments: