Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mmmmmm! Pizza!

Tun Tavern (Forward) is a catastrophe. She told me last night that she would fix it. Well, she did; she fixed it worse! I fixed her though; she now has her very own hand-made personal security orb! It is set to only eject Isobela herself from Tun Tavern (Forward). All others are welcome.


I heard the warning ding, looked up, there she was, and then she was gone. After about 15 minutes, when I was able to pick myself up off of the floor from laughing so hard, I turned it off. Somehow I don't think she saw the humor in it though.

Later on DJ Isobela had a smokin' hot show at the Savoy. She featured a couple of Cajun artists, Jimmy Thackery and Tab Benoit. They were very good, and the crowd seemed to be heaping even more praise on DJ Isobela than usual.

I had asked people to pass on any requests to the DJ, so Leeloo playfully asked for some pepperoni pizza. After a short discussion of the relative merits of pepperoni pizza versus pepper spray I called out for the pizza. When it arrived I placed it on a table and hauled out a keg of beer to wash things down with. It didn't exactly fit in with the fine decor at the Savoy but was much appreciated by all present.


We had a small but steady group at the club all night. This is the last night I'm scheduled to fill in for Kimala; she will be back and pulling in the crowds next week. I noticed that Dee was hostessing for DJ Daddie at the GlanShack and wanted to stop by, but by then it was very late. I'll try and catch their show another night. There's always something new to see or do. Life is good.

No comments: